Year 5 – 11+ English
Our Year 5 English Programme is designed to help improve literacy skills such as reading, spelling, comprehension, phonics, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and expression
We use a variety of resources and methods to help build knowledge and understanding of language. We can help students improve their comprehension skills, their confidence with spelling, improve their reading skills, grammar and punctuation, and to improve the quality and variety of writing.
This course is linked to the National Curriculum and will assist children in
- Becoming confident and expressive readers
- Improving comprehension skills
- Writing in different genres
- Developing their creative flair
- Writing complex sentences
- Building vocabulary
- Developing neat, consistent handwriting
This also covers the grammar school requirement and improved performance in the 11+ CEM tests.